Are you dealing with a crack in your concrete driveway or walkway? Don’t worry, there is a fix! Expanding resin can fill and seal cracks in concrete. This quick and easy fix will take care of the problem and have your driveway or walkway looking good as new. Keep reading for information on how to use expanding resin to fix cracks in concrete.
Learn how to expanding resin injection is an easy and affordable way to repair a crack in your concrete. The resin will fill the crack and then expand, fixing the crack permanently. To fix a crack with expanding resin, you will need:
- Safety goggles
- A stirrer
- A container to mix the resin in
- A putty knife or trowel
How to Fix a Crack with Expanding Resin
If you’re looking to fix cracks where you have identified expanding resins, there are steps to follow, including:
- Clean the area around the crack with a wire brush or steel wool to remove any dirt or debris.
- Pour the resin into a container and stir it with a stirrer until it is well mixed.
- Apply the resin to the crack, filling it completely.
- Let the resin set for about 30 minutes and then place a putty knife behind the crack and pull toward you to form a smooth surface. Make sure no resin is present on the blade of the trowel or knife.
- Clean off any excess resin with a rag soaked in mineral spirits or turpentine.
- Let the area dry overnight before walking on the crack again.
- Repeat steps 3-5 two more times, letting the resin set for a minimum of 30 minutes between applications and sanding off any excess resin with a putty knife after each application.
- Fill or mask off any areas around the crack that you do not want the resin to get on.
- Let the resin dry completely before using the area again.
Those looking to fill expanding resins on concrete can follow these steps. For more information, kindly visit our website today!