With so many factors involved in addiction, it can be hard to know how to spot signs of addiction. But there are a few common signs that often give a person away.
Here Are Eight (8) Ways You Can Spot Signs of Drug Addiction:
- Talk: Drug addicts are often secretive about their drug use. They will use drugs in crowded public areas or the homes of friends, family, or even co-workers.
- Lack of personal appearance: Drug addicts often neglect their appearance. They may lose or gain weight, have nails that are bitten or dirty, have poor hygiene, or neglect personal grooming.
- 3. Habits: Drug addicts often fall into a cycle of drug use that leads to more drug use. They may lose a sense of time or control or have a noticeable personality change.
- Appearance: Drug addicts often display different signs of drug use, such as unexplained injuries, frequent urination, or unexplained bruising.
- Financial Problems: These are some of the biggest signs of drug addiction. Regular expenses, such as rent or mortgage, utilities, and groceries, are often paid for at the expense of a loved one’s drug habit. In some instances, the addict will borrow or steal money from others in order to pay for their drug habit.
- Changes in eating habits: Food becomes less about nourishment and more about pleasure. The addict may forgo eating a meal because they are preoccupied with their next high.
- Personal hygiene: Signs of drug addiction include dirty or unkempt hair, clothes, and fingernails, and just as commonly, addicts will refuse to give others access to their personal space.
- Work performance: Addiction can seriously impact a person’s work performance as it alters the brain chemistry that controls behavior and thinking.
If drug abuse is suspected, loved ones should encourage the person to seek professional help at meth rehabilitation. Drug addiction is a disease that can destroy your life.
Other Symptoms of Drug Addiction Include:
- Extreme fatigue, and
While there is no cure, there are ways you can treat the symptoms and lessen the symptoms. For example, if you are addicted to drugs, you should regularly clean yourself up. Drug users often neglect their personal grooming, which can worsen the symptoms of drug addiction.
It’s not uncommon to hear stories of people being addicted that seem like they just happened out of the blue. But there are real signs of drug addiction, which you can spot.